443398a-i1.0Greetings on the occasion of Teachers Day-  to the teachers of the University, and to our many, many teachers outside the University...

The UoH has always been known for the many great teachers who have been here from the first days, Gurbaksh Singh onwards. I'm lucky that I also had the opportunity to learn from some of them when I was a student at IIT Kanpur, and knew some of them in later years as well.  We have a good reason to recall Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan not just today but most working days, given the name of our Lecture Hall Complex, and the photograph of his above, an uncharacteristically informal one, also has a nice connection to the UoH.

A colleague writes on FB, "To all my teachers for all that I am today and to all my students from who I learn everyday, Happy Teacher's Day!". How true, and said so well- its a day to celebrate both teaching and learning!