Link for Library subscription:
Some info. about the online library:
- The department of empowerment of persons with disabilities (DEPwD) has launched 'Sugamya Pustakalaya' - an online library for Persons with print disabilities as part of the Accessible India Campaign.
- Created in collaboration with National Institute of Visually Handicapped (NIVH), member organizations of Daisy Forum of India (DFI), Bookshare and powered by TCS Access.
- Lakhs of people with visual impairment will benefit from this programme.
- Users will be able to get books anywhere in the country at a single location.
- It will enable each member organisation to provide services to their members and draw on resources of all other organisations of the country.
- The e-library platform will work in collaboration with international agencies such as 'Bookshare' and 'Accessible Books Consortium' to make accessible books from all over the world available to users in India.
- HRD minister pledged support to the e-library initiative.
- Users can access a collection of more than 2,00,000 books, maintain their individual reading shelves online and also download books in chosen formats.
To post to this group, mail email@example.com
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.