Sunday, 31 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] Dept of English, UoH- Newsletter- 3rd issue- August 2016

Please find attached the  3rd Issue  of the Newsletter from the Dept of English, The University of Hyderabad.
The Newsletter will be published four times a year.
We look forward to hearing from you at the address given in the Newsletter.


Department of English
The University of Hyderabad

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Friday, 29 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : Research and Academics contributed to the Top Rankings of UoH
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Thursday, 28 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : Srinivas Rayaprol Poetry Prize 2016 - Call for Entries
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Wednesday, 27 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : UoH Alumni a significant part in Telugu movie Pellichoopulu
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : UoH Alumni a significant part in Telugu movie Pellichoopulu
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : 1100 postings on UoH Herald
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : 1100 postings on UoH Herald
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Sunday, 24 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : Aishwarya Menon secures 2nd Rank in IES
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Friday, 22 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: Request to circulate to all users

 

Dear Sir,

Please find the attachment of the circular for Calendar 2017 . 


Regards,
Webmaster



 

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Monday, 18 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] Sorajjem




--
Thanks & Regards:

Abu Saleh
PhD Research Scholar @ Centre for Comparative Literature (CCL)
School of Humanities, University of Hyderabad (UoH), India.
Mobile: +91 94 94 24 26 45

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Sunday, 17 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: My sincere thanks to the entire University Community-B Pandu Reddy





Dear Colleagues, Teachers & Students,

 

Greetings,

 

Consequent upon attaining superannuation, I relinquished the position of Finance Officer  w.e.f. 15th July A.N. On this occasion, I extend my sincere thanks to the entire University Community for extending me your support during my tenure as Finance Officer.

 

Thanking you,

 

With best regards,

 

Sincerely yours,

 

B Pandu Reddy

--
Finance Officer
University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad - 500 019
Phone: 040-23132200
Fax/Phone: 040-23010370



--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: Welcome by VC


Dear all,
Please find enclosed herewith Welcome by VC.pdf.

Sincerely,
Krishna Ram


------------------------------------------------
Vice-Chancellor's Secretariat
University of Hyderabad
Professor C.R. Rao Road
P.O. Central University
Hyderabad 500 046
Telangana, India
------------------------------------------------
Phones: +91-(0)40-23010121, 23132000
Fax: +91-(0)40-23011090
------------------------------------------------
cid:_1_0A1D85780A1F8F68002F21B3652578CAPlease consider the environment before printing this email

              







--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: CIRCULAR

Dear all,

Please find the circular herewith sent from VC's Office. 

Sincerely,
Krishna Ram


------------------------------------------------
Vice-Chancellor's Secretariat
University of Hyderabad
Professor C.R. Rao Road
P.O. Central University
Hyderabad 500 046
Telangana, India
------------------------------------------------
Phones: +91-(0)40-23010121, 23132000
Fax: +91-(0)40-23011090
------------------------------------------------
cid:_1_0A1D85780A1F8F68002F21B3652578CAPlease consider the environment before printing this email

              



--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Friday, 15 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] This Be a Pi Pun Online Contest

Hi everyone. Time for 'This Be a Pi Pun Online Contest'! Mail in your funny and weird puns related to 'pi' to jscuoh@gmail.com by July 21st 2016, 3:30 pm. The best entry/entries will be given a surprise. *silence*

Rules:-

1. Plagiarism is allowed. You may modify or use the pun (as it is).
2. A participant can send only one pun.
3. The winner(s) will be notified by email.
4. Don't forget- DO NOT POST YOUR PUN HERE.

Game on! Put your thinking hats on! Spread the word..

Thank you!

Sameera

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: Requesting to send the enclosed GIAN course inauguration to all faculty Urgent


 
Dear Sir/Madam,


Sub: Invitation for Inaugural session of GIAN seminars on' Ionic Signaling and Human Disease'

 Dear All,
Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, Cooordially invites you  all to attend the inaugural session of the Seminars/Course on Ionic Signaling and Human Disease,at 9.30AM on 18th July 2016 (Monday) funded by the MHRD under GIAN (Global Initiative on Academic Net Work Programme). The venue of the inaugural session is the Seminar Hall of the School of LIfe Sciences . Please find enclosed flyover about the details

with kind regards

Yours Sincerely
K V A Ramaiah
Professor
Department of Biochemistry
School of Life Sciences
University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad
9490703241





--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: Request to circulate


Dear Sir,

Please find the attachment   regarding Distinguished Lecture titled "Multiferroic Heterostructures for Low Energy Spintronics and Magnonic Applications" by Professor Tomoyasu Taniyama on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 3.00 pm at Sir C.V. Raman Auditorium.



Regards,
Webmaster

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Thursday, 14 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] Chota Pi Day Celebration

Hi,

There's an event coming up on July 22nd- Chota Pi Day Celebration. Given below are the details:-

Place: C.V.Raman Auditorium
Time: 3:30 pm
Date: 22nd July 2016

Please post in on your group and let everyone in the university (particularly math students) know about it. I have also attached the poster with this email.

Thank you!

Sameera

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: Felicitation

 
 
Dear Sir,

Please find the attachment regarding felicitation to Sri B. Pandu Reddy, Finance Officer who is retiring from University services on July 15, 2016.

Regards,
Webmaster


 

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Tuesday, 12 July 2016

[WhatsUpUoH] Fwd: British Council's Pre- departure briefing session - Hyderabad

 

Dear all,

Please find the mail forwarded from British council, sub: British Council's Pre- departure briefing session - Hyderabad.

Sincerely,
Krishna Ram


------------------------------------------------
Vice-Chancellor's Secretariat
University of Hyderabad
Professor C.R. Rao Road
P.O. Central University
Hyderabad 500 046
Telangana, India
------------------------------------------------
Phones: +91-(0)40-23010121, 23132000
Fax: +91-(0)40-23011090
------------------------------------------------
cid:_1_0A1D85780A1F8F68002F21B3652578CAPlease consider the environment before printing this email

              


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raikhan, Mirrin (British Council) <Mirrin.Raikhan@in.britishcouncil.org>
Date: Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Subject: British Council's Pre- departure briefing session - Hyderabad
To:


Dear Sir/ Madam,

 

Trust this email finds you in good health.

 

British Council has organised a Pre- departure briefing for students who are leaving to the UK this September to pursue their higher education.

 

The session will be organised on Tuesday 26 July 2016 at the British Council, Hyderabad office from 3-6 pm.

 

The session will cover the following:

 

ü  Things to consider before departing to the UK

ü  Do's & Dont's while in the UK

ü  Visa Seminars

ü  A taste of UK – experiences shared by UK alumni

ü  Interaction and close.

 

There is an entry fee to attend this session – Rs 300/- per head. Registration to this event is open. Students or parents can visit British Council office to pre-register for this session.

 

Hence we request you to please pass this information to your students who will benefit from this event. Grateful if you could encourage them to register in advance as the registration is on first-come-first-serve basis.

 

I attach a flier that gives more information on the session.

 

Looking forward to receiving your support and co-operation in making this a success!

 

Do feel free to get back to me for any further assistance.

 

Exciting offers for students by Student.com and Etihad Airways     

 

 

Best wishes,

Mirrin

 

Mirrin Raikhan | Manager | Education UK, South India

British Council Division | British Deputy High Commission | 737 Anna Salai | Chennai | 600 002

 

T +91 44 42050662 | BCTN (internal) 83045662

Mirrin.Raikhan@britishcouncil.org

www.britishcouncil.in

 

 

 


The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland).
This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it.
The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by viruses and other malware and you are advised to carry out a virus and malware check on any attachments contained in this message.




--
Mr. MAHAMAD ALI BAIG,
SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER,
CAMPUS NETWORK FACILITY,
UNIVERSITY OF HYDERABAD,
GACHIBOWLI,
HYDERABAD - 500046.

TELEPHONE: 040-23132642




 

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

[WhatsUpUoH] : new post published

Ashish Thomas has published a new post on : UoH ranked at sixth position among Indian Universities
Check this new post
change your preference here.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Saturday, 9 July 2016

Re: [WhatsUpUoH] UoH to Conduct Interviews on Eid Day!!!

Dear Madam,


Thank you for the mail.


I understand the problems and complexities involved. I agree with you that a last moment change may lead to lot of issues. But nowhere I was seeking for the last minute change rather from the very beginning I was trying if this could be avoided. Thus, I wrote a mail to the section informing all these possibilities on May 1st.


I have also tried to convince many students to come for the interviews even if that fall during Eid or NET. I told them we know it's festive time and people generally prefer to stay at home with family members and there will be resistance from the parents, husband and in laws for the married ladies but try to come since study and career are very much important.


But I was quite taken back when I saw the university which has declared 6th July as holiday for Eid in its own calendar (which came in January); in the admission notification (came sometime in March-April) it kept several interviews on the same day. So, I was thinking whether our officials became so forgetful or ignorant and that too staying in a place like Hyderabad.


I wrote a mail, pointing out about Eid (6th/7th) and NET (10th). But unfortunately they kept almost everything in between Eid and NET (7th to 9th). So the interviews clash with Eid and also with NET Examination.


As I indicated in the previous mail I don't have serious issues with the dates. The university knows better what they are supposed to do. But it could have been avoided with little more planning, good will and execution.


As you indicated and I also ended my last mail with a positive note that we should be more careful, sensitive and make sure that major events do not clash like this.


Thank you once again.


On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 12:10 PM, raghavan <raghavan2006@gmail.com> wrote:
I totally agree with Prof Rekha Pande .It would have caused lot of inconvenience to the outstation students who have booked return ticket also .



Thank You,


Regards,

R.Vijayaraghavan,

UGC-Senior Research Fellow,

School Of Management Studies,

University Of Hyderabad,

Central University P O,

Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500046 .

M-+91-9573348684.

E-mail:raghavan2006@uohyd.ac.inraghavan2006@gmail.com



On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Rekha Pande <panderekha@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Abu,

While I have full  agreement with what you say and I  believe that we have to be a little sensitive to these issues . In fact it was only when I  was at Maulana Azad that I became sensitive and understood that we cannot  and should not organise any major conference or meeting during  the month when colleagues kept Rojas. There was no such hard and fast rule but I thought this was important.  We should have taken care that the interviews should not have been fixed closer to the Ramzan festival which would have shifted with the sighting of the moon.

However, i also want you to understand another point. After all we were also there the whole day conducting interviews from 9.00 to 6.00. We also have a large group of friends whom we visit on this day and spend time with them. If the dates would have been postponed or changed because of the festival  it would have caused so much confusion and problem to the students. You know very well we have students coming from Bengal, Orissa, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh,Delhi, Assam,  Punjab and many other parts of India and  these students would have made their reservations and  arrangement for stay and return  much in advance when the dates were announced. If this would have been postponed it would have caused so much problem to the students and  again getting reservation at the last moment  is not that easy and many students would have to drop out. We are living in very difficult times where peace is so fragile and let us not talk of  issues that will disturb this and attribute wrong motives for every issue.  It was the student community that gained the most by this not shifting of dates  at the last moment.

I feel that this was done keeping the students best view in mind  and it  did not cause any new problems. This was the best we could do for this year. Next year we should be careful in not fixing this close to the Ramzan for students would be either traveling or be at the University during the festival  but under the given circumstances I feel this was the right thing.

Rekha Pande

Dr. Rekha Pande

Address: Professor, Department of History, Joint Faculty, Centre for Women's Studies,School of Social Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Prof. C.R.Rao Road, P.O. Central University, Hyderabad- 500 046, Telangana, INDIA


On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Ajay Kumar Koli <akk@uohyd.ac.in> wrote:
It is insensitive from the UoH administration side.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Abu Saleh <abusalehenglish@gmail.com> wrote:

Admissions are going on at the University of Hyderabad. Written test results are out and there are interviews this week. Surprisingly, the university has decided to have interviews on Eid day too. On 5th July while it was quite clear that Eid is not happening on 6th July, the Government of India notified 7th July a holiday. But UoH thought to go ahead with the interviews on 7th July which is the Eid day. UoH has sent a mail and also put it in the academic website about the same.


Well, I buy the argument that it was notified in advance, many students might have planned their journey and thus it is pointless to change it in the last moment. No, this is not a last moment case. In its Calendar, the university which declares 6th July as holiday for Eid, in the admission notification on the same day, it lists interviews for several departments. That might be a mistake? I don't understand the section which plans day wise academic events for the whole year can do this mistake. This is either incompetence or insensitivity or arrogance.


On 1st May, I brought it into the notice of the concerned section including the registrar's office that Eid and then NET examination in the same week (10th of July) will be problematic for many candidates. I also pointed out that since Eid happens on the movement of moon, it can be on 5th/6th/7th too. Student Union also sought for a solution to this and suggested if the week can be avoided.


I did not get any reply but through others came to know that they are working on it. Soon found a revised notice where most of the interviews are kept on either 7th or 8th of July. So, by this time they could establish their mistake that they kept interviews on 6th July.  And also quite sure that Eid will happen on that day only thus kept everything on 7th. On 6th morning a mail was issued saying all interviews will be as per schedule. So, tomorrow on the occasion of holy Eid in the midst of festivity UoH will have its interviews.


Most of the friends in UoH and elsewhere know what kind of 'religious' person I am and I am not taking this in negative communal angle, but could you think of interviews on Dussera, Christmas or Ganesh Chaturthi Day? Even after bringing it into the notice, I am amazed on this majoritarianism and carelessness. Anyway, I don't have any interview and my best wishes to all the candidates. I also hope my university will not repeat this mistake again in any festival days.


Thank you.


--
Thanks & Regards:

Abu Saleh

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/



--
Ajay Kumar Koli
*******************
PhD Student at School of Management Studies
University of Hyderabad, India
Hyderabad - 500 046
88868 10879

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.




--
Thanks & Regards:

Abu Saleh
PhD Research Scholar @ Centre for Comparative Literature (CCL)
School of Humanities, University of Hyderabad (UoH), India.
Mobile: +91 94 94 24 26 45

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Friday, 8 July 2016

Re: [WhatsUpUoH] UoH to Conduct Interviews on Eid Day!!!

I totally agree with Prof Rekha Pande .It would have caused lot of inconvenience to the outstation students who have booked return ticket also .



Thank You,


Regards,

R.Vijayaraghavan,

UGC-Senior Research Fellow,

School Of Management Studies,

University Of Hyderabad,

Central University P O,

Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500046 .

M-+91-9573348684.

E-mail:raghavan2006@uohyd.ac.inraghavan2006@gmail.com



On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Rekha Pande <panderekha@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Abu,

While I have full  agreement with what you say and I  believe that we have to be a little sensitive to these issues . In fact it was only when I  was at Maulana Azad that I became sensitive and understood that we cannot  and should not organise any major conference or meeting during  the month when colleagues kept Rojas. There was no such hard and fast rule but I thought this was important.  We should have taken care that the interviews should not have been fixed closer to the Ramzan festival which would have shifted with the sighting of the moon.

However, i also want you to understand another point. After all we were also there the whole day conducting interviews from 9.00 to 6.00. We also have a large group of friends whom we visit on this day and spend time with them. If the dates would have been postponed or changed because of the festival  it would have caused so much confusion and problem to the students. You know very well we have students coming from Bengal, Orissa, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh,Delhi, Assam,  Punjab and many other parts of India and  these students would have made their reservations and  arrangement for stay and return  much in advance when the dates were announced. If this would have been postponed it would have caused so much problem to the students and  again getting reservation at the last moment  is not that easy and many students would have to drop out. We are living in very difficult times where peace is so fragile and let us not talk of  issues that will disturb this and attribute wrong motives for every issue.  It was the student community that gained the most by this not shifting of dates  at the last moment.

I feel that this was done keeping the students best view in mind  and it  did not cause any new problems. This was the best we could do for this year. Next year we should be careful in not fixing this close to the Ramzan for students would be either traveling or be at the University during the festival  but under the given circumstances I feel this was the right thing.

Rekha Pande

Dr. Rekha Pande

Address: Professor, Department of History, Joint Faculty, Centre for Women's Studies,School of Social Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Prof. C.R.Rao Road, P.O. Central University, Hyderabad- 500 046, Telangana, INDIA


On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Ajay Kumar Koli <akk@uohyd.ac.in> wrote:
It is insensitive from the UoH administration side.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Abu Saleh <abusalehenglish@gmail.com> wrote:

Admissions are going on at the University of Hyderabad. Written test results are out and there are interviews this week. Surprisingly, the university has decided to have interviews on Eid day too. On 5th July while it was quite clear that Eid is not happening on 6th July, the Government of India notified 7th July a holiday. But UoH thought to go ahead with the interviews on 7th July which is the Eid day. UoH has sent a mail and also put it in the academic website about the same.


Well, I buy the argument that it was notified in advance, many students might have planned their journey and thus it is pointless to change it in the last moment. No, this is not a last moment case. In its Calendar, the university which declares 6th July as holiday for Eid, in the admission notification on the same day, it lists interviews for several departments. That might be a mistake? I don't understand the section which plans day wise academic events for the whole year can do this mistake. This is either incompetence or insensitivity or arrogance.


On 1st May, I brought it into the notice of the concerned section including the registrar's office that Eid and then NET examination in the same week (10th of July) will be problematic for many candidates. I also pointed out that since Eid happens on the movement of moon, it can be on 5th/6th/7th too. Student Union also sought for a solution to this and suggested if the week can be avoided.


I did not get any reply but through others came to know that they are working on it. Soon found a revised notice where most of the interviews are kept on either 7th or 8th of July. So, by this time they could establish their mistake that they kept interviews on 6th July.  And also quite sure that Eid will happen on that day only thus kept everything on 7th. On 6th morning a mail was issued saying all interviews will be as per schedule. So, tomorrow on the occasion of holy Eid in the midst of festivity UoH will have its interviews.


Most of the friends in UoH and elsewhere know what kind of 'religious' person I am and I am not taking this in negative communal angle, but could you think of interviews on Dussera, Christmas or Ganesh Chaturthi Day? Even after bringing it into the notice, I am amazed on this majoritarianism and carelessness. Anyway, I don't have any interview and my best wishes to all the candidates. I also hope my university will not repeat this mistake again in any festival days.


Thank you.


--
Thanks & Regards:

Abu Saleh

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/



--
Ajay Kumar Koli
*******************
PhD Student at School of Management Studies
University of Hyderabad, India
Hyderabad - 500 046
88868 10879

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Re: [WhatsUpUoH] UoH to Conduct Interviews on Eid Day!!!

Dear Abu,

While I have full  agreement with what you say and I  believe that we have to be a little sensitive to these issues . In fact it was only when I  was at Maulana Azad that I became sensitive and understood that we cannot  and should not organise any major conference or meeting during  the month when colleagues kept Rojas. There was no such hard and fast rule but I thought this was important.  We should have taken care that the interviews should not have been fixed closer to the Ramzan festival which would have shifted with the sighting of the moon.

However, i also want you to understand another point. After all we were also there the whole day conducting interviews from 9.00 to 6.00. We also have a large group of friends whom we visit on this day and spend time with them. If the dates would have been postponed or changed because of the festival  it would have caused so much confusion and problem to the students. You know very well we have students coming from Bengal, Orissa, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh,Delhi, Assam,  Punjab and many other parts of India and  these students would have made their reservations and  arrangement for stay and return  much in advance when the dates were announced. If this would have been postponed it would have caused so much problem to the students and  again getting reservation at the last moment  is not that easy and many students would have to drop out. We are living in very difficult times where peace is so fragile and let us not talk of  issues that will disturb this and attribute wrong motives for every issue.  It was the student community that gained the most by this not shifting of dates  at the last moment.

I feel that this was done keeping the students best view in mind  and it  did not cause any new problems. This was the best we could do for this year. Next year we should be careful in not fixing this close to the Ramzan for students would be either traveling or be at the University during the festival  but under the given circumstances I feel this was the right thing.

Rekha Pande

Dr. Rekha Pande

Address: Professor, Department of History, Joint Faculty, Centre for Women's Studies,School of Social Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Prof. C.R.Rao Road, P.O. Central University, Hyderabad- 500 046, Telangana, INDIA


On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Ajay Kumar Koli <akk@uohyd.ac.in> wrote:
It is insensitive from the UoH administration side.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Abu Saleh <abusalehenglish@gmail.com> wrote:

Admissions are going on at the University of Hyderabad. Written test results are out and there are interviews this week. Surprisingly, the university has decided to have interviews on Eid day too. On 5th July while it was quite clear that Eid is not happening on 6th July, the Government of India notified 7th July a holiday. But UoH thought to go ahead with the interviews on 7th July which is the Eid day. UoH has sent a mail and also put it in the academic website about the same.


Well, I buy the argument that it was notified in advance, many students might have planned their journey and thus it is pointless to change it in the last moment. No, this is not a last moment case. In its Calendar, the university which declares 6th July as holiday for Eid, in the admission notification on the same day, it lists interviews for several departments. That might be a mistake? I don't understand the section which plans day wise academic events for the whole year can do this mistake. This is either incompetence or insensitivity or arrogance.


On 1st May, I brought it into the notice of the concerned section including the registrar's office that Eid and then NET examination in the same week (10th of July) will be problematic for many candidates. I also pointed out that since Eid happens on the movement of moon, it can be on 5th/6th/7th too. Student Union also sought for a solution to this and suggested if the week can be avoided.


I did not get any reply but through others came to know that they are working on it. Soon found a revised notice where most of the interviews are kept on either 7th or 8th of July. So, by this time they could establish their mistake that they kept interviews on 6th July.  And also quite sure that Eid will happen on that day only thus kept everything on 7th. On 6th morning a mail was issued saying all interviews will be as per schedule. So, tomorrow on the occasion of holy Eid in the midst of festivity UoH will have its interviews.


Most of the friends in UoH and elsewhere know what kind of 'religious' person I am and I am not taking this in negative communal angle, but could you think of interviews on Dussera, Christmas or Ganesh Chaturthi Day? Even after bringing it into the notice, I am amazed on this majoritarianism and carelessness. Anyway, I don't have any interview and my best wishes to all the candidates. I also hope my university will not repeat this mistake again in any festival days.


Thank you.


--
Thanks & Regards:

Abu Saleh
PhD Research Scholar @ Centre for Comparative Literature (CCL)
School of Humanities, University of Hyderabad (UoH), India.
Mobile: +91 94 94 24 26 45

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/



--
Ajay Kumar Koli
*******************
PhD Student at School of Management Studies
University of Hyderabad, India
Hyderabad - 500 046
88868 10879

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.

Re: [WhatsUpUoH] UoH to Conduct Interviews on Eid Day!!!

It's so shameful :( 
Regards  
Chapparban Sajaudeen "Shuja" 
PhD Research Scholar
Centre for Comparative Literature
School of Humanities 
University of Hyderabad 
Hyderabad. India. 
+91 9603766807, 8333979013 

" Wa Tu Izzu Mantasha'a, Wa Tu Zillu Mantasha'a"


On 6 July 2016 at 20:16, Ajay Kumar Koli <akk@uohyd.ac.in> wrote:

It is insensitive from the UoH administration side.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Abu Saleh <abusalehenglish@gmail.com> wrote:

Admissions are going on at the University of Hyderabad. Written test results are out and there are interviews this week. Surprisingly, the university has decided to have interviews on Eid day too. On 5th July while it was quite clear that Eid is not happening on 6th July, the Government of India notified 7th July a holiday. But UoH thought to go ahead with the interviews on 7th July which is the Eid day. UoH has sent a mail and also put it in the academic website about the same.


Well, I buy the argument that it was notified in advance, many students might have planned their journey and thus it is pointless to change it in the last moment. No, this is not a last moment case. In its Calendar, the university which declares 6th July as holiday for Eid, in the admission notification on the same day, it lists interviews for several departments. That might be a mistake? I don't understand the section which plans day wise academic events for the whole year can do this mistake. This is either incompetence or insensitivity or arrogance.


On 1st May, I brought it into the notice of the concerned section including the registrar's office that Eid and then NET examination in the same week (10th of July) will be problematic for many candidates. I also pointed out that since Eid happens on the movement of moon, it can be on 5th/6th/7th too. Student Union also sought for a solution to this and suggested if the week can be avoided.


I did not get any reply but through others came to know that they are working on it. Soon found a revised notice where most of the interviews are kept on either 7th or 8th of July. So, by this time they could establish their mistake that they kept interviews on 6th July.  And also quite sure that Eid will happen on that day only thus kept everything on 7th. On 6th morning a mail was issued saying all interviews will be as per schedule. So, tomorrow on the occasion of holy Eid in the midst of festivity UoH will have its interviews.


Most of the friends in UoH and elsewhere know what kind of 'religious' person I am and I am not taking this in negative communal angle, but could you think of interviews on Dussera, Christmas or Ganesh Chaturthi Day? Even after bringing it into the notice, I am amazed on this majoritarianism and carelessness. Anyway, I don't have any interview and my best wishes to all the candidates. I also hope my university will not repeat this mistake again in any festival days.


Thank you.


--
Thanks & Regards:

Abu Saleh
PhD Research Scholar @ Centre for Comparative Literature (CCL)
School of Humanities, University of Hyderabad (UoH), India.
Mobile: +91 94 94 24 26 45

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/



--
Ajay Kumar Koli
*******************
PhD Student at School of Management Studies
University of Hyderabad, India
Hyderabad - 500 046
88868 10879

--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.


--
To post to this group, mail whatsup@uohyd.ac.in
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to whatsup+unsubscribe@uohyd.ac.in.