Greetings from the Jiddu Krishnamurti Centre, Hyderabad. This is a follow-up to the Talk by Mr. Kishore Khairnar on 3rd February on the topic "Technology & the Human Brain" with the members of the JSC (Junior Science Club).
On behalf of the JK Centre, Hyderabad, we would like to begin by saying that we greatly enjoyed the positive response and enthusiastic and active participation by those who attended the program.
As briefly mentioned then, we will be conducting a Study Workshop this upcoming weekend, again based on J. Krishnamurti's Teachings. The topic will be "In listening is the transformation. What is the art of listening?"
The program will be conducted at our Study & Retreat called "Naimisam", located on the outskirts of Hyderabad. For directions on how to get to Naimisam from the city, please click here. For those who can arrange for 4-wheel transport, it is also possible now to bypass the city traffic and use the Outer Ring Road (ORR). For further assistance, kindly contact us on the following numbers:
Arijit Ray – 9959542375
Mahadeva Swamy - 9452988838
Those wanting more information about our Organisation and the work that we do, are welcome to contact us.
The complete details of the program are enclosed below as an official circular. Before reading the details of the circular about the workshop (which has also been enclosed as an attachment), we would just like to mention a few points:
· As students, you will be provided a 50% concession on the cost mentioned, and be given a "Certificate of Participation" by us
· For day participants, keeping in mind the long travel distance, the first session begins at 11:30am. But we strongly advise that you be there by 11am latest for familiarizing yourself with the place.
· Payment can be made on arrival at the venue or at the bank (details are provided in the circular)
The details of the Workshop, as mentioned by the KET, are given below (it is enclosed as the attachment as well). Kindly contact us for further queries or information regarding enrollment, fees etc.
Official Circular about the Workshop
Krishnamurti Study Workshop
Krishnamurti Education Trust
(Education for Human Transformation)
Workshop ID: KET2016-17W09
Topic: "In listening is the transformation. What is the art of listening?"
Arrival: Any time on Friday, 10 February 2017
Departure: At 6:00 pm on Sunday, 12 February 2017
Venue: Naimiśam, Jiddu Krishnamurti Centre, Kondapur Village, Ghatkesar - 501301, Telangana, India.
Contact Person Details:
Name: Shri Mahadev Swami Telephone: +919452988838 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
"Listening is an art which very few of us are capable of. We never actually listen. The word has a sound and we don't listen to the sound, we are always interpreting it, trying to translate the word into our own particular language or particular tradition, but we never listen acutely, without any distortion... we never listen to each other. You never listen to your wife, do you? You know her much too well, or she you. There is not a sense of deep appreciation, friendship, amity so that you listen to each other, whether you like or not, but you do listen. And if you listen so completely, that very listening, that very act of listening is a great miracle."
- J. Krishnamurti
Our ears are constantly receiving sound inputs from the environment and our brain is constantly interpreting them in terms of its conditioning resulting in accumulation of lots of knowledge. Ears are merely the input devices while the actual listening is by the brain. Just as the brain can listen to outer noise, it can also listen to the inner noise - the constant chattering that is going on, all the psychological reactions that arise in us e.g. anger, fear, hatred, jealousy, wanting to hurt another, all kinds of worries, suffering, etc. But in this case also the brain keeps on interpreting what it listens to and ends up gathering lots of psychological knowledge, which further conditions it. This knowledge may help it in managing the psychological reactions but there is never freedom from them. Probably that is why human beings although developed technologically, have remained more or less primitive psychologically. Is there a different kind of listening that does not gather knowledge? In what way can it bring psychological freedom for human beings? Is it a technique or is it an art? How does one learn to listen? All such questions will be taken up for exploration in this workshop. The workshop will be based on J. Krishnamurti's teachings. His approach to the art of listening leading to psychological freedom will be the main focus of enquiry during the workshop.
Interested persons can participate as resident or as day-participants. The charges are as given below:
Fully resident participants: Rs. 2,050/- per person.
It includes food and accommodation for the entire period of the workshop.
Day participants: Rs. 750/- per day per person or Rs. 1,450/- for the entire workshop
It includes food and stationery charges.
Friday, February 10, 2017
The resident participants may arrive at any time during the day. They have to inform the organisers the time of their arrival at the centre so that meals can be organised for them on that day. They will rest during the day. There is no formal program on 10th February. The day participants are expected to report on 11th February at 10:30 AM. Also those resident participants who cannot arrive on 10th February may report on 11th February at any time before 10:30 AM.
Saturday, February 11, 2017
09:30 – 11:00 Video Show – 1
11:30 – 13:00 Interactive Session - 1
14:00 – 15:30 Video Show – 1 (Repeat of the morning video show)
16:00 – 17:30 Interactive Session - 2
Sunday, February 12, 2017
09:30 – 11:00 Video Show – 2
11:30 – 13:00 Interactive Session - 3
14:00 – 15:30 Video Show – 2 (Repeat of the morning video show)
16:00 – 17:30 Interactive Session - 4
The workshop ends on 12th February at 17:30 hours. The resident participants may leave for their homes any time after that. However they are also welcome to extend their stay after the workshop.
07:00 – 07:30 Morning Tea
09:00 – 09:30 Breakfast
11:00 – 11:30 Tea
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
15:30 – 16:00 Tea
19:30 – 20:30 Dinner
1. These workshops are conducted by Krishnamurti Education Trust -which is a non-commercial, non-political and non-governmental organisation formed to carry out the work around J. Krishnamurti's Teachings. It is more a movement than a static organisation distinct from other Krishnamurti Organisations.
2. There are no pre-conditions to attend the workshop. A person may or may not have read Krishnamurti. There is no selection process. Persons of any caste, creed, religion, nationality, race and culture can participate.
3. The workshop will be conducted in English. However, depending on the majority of participants, Hindi may also be used occasionally during the interactive sessions.
4. To participate in this workshop, one needs to register one's name by filling up the attached registration form and paying the corresponding contribution directly into the bank account of the Trust as per the following details. Krishnamurti Education Trust has its account in Bank of Maharashtra, Bavdhan Branch, Pune – 411021. Branch Code: 1385, IFSC Code: MAHB0001385, Account Name: Krishnamurti Education Trust, Account Number: 60068752150, Account Type: Savings Bank Account. After making such a contribution please mail us the following information: Name of the contributor/donor, date of deposition, nature of transaction (cash/cheque/NEFTor RTGS transfer).
5. Every participant will be given the reading material for the study purpose along with the other stationery.
6. Extra stay in the study centre both before and after the workshop is possible and will be charged at the rate of ₹ 550/- per person per day towards the cost of lodging and boarding.
7. The participants are required to arrange their own transport for reaching the place of workshop or commuting between their place of residence in Hyderabad and the place of workshop. However if they need any help in arranging the transport from Hyderabad City to Naimisam, they may contact: Jiddu Krishnamurti Centre, H. No. 6-3-347/5, Dwarakapuri Colony, Punjagutta, Hyderabad-500082, Telangana. Contact Person: Shri Mahadev Swami Telephone: +919452988838 (available only during 11 am - 7 pm, Wednesday - Sunday), E-mail: email@example.com
8. Naimiśam, which is the venue of the workshop, is located in Kondapur village near Ghatkesar about 35 kms from Hyderabad City. It is approximately one-hour drive from the Hyderabad city. Naimisam is a serene 25-acre campus surrounded by hillocks and farmlands. It houses a collection of Krishnamurti's works and a general library. Facilities are available for individual study and viewing of videos. There are also corresponding retreat facilities in the form of guest cottages, rooms, dormitories and a kitchen. Rooms and dormitories have their own western style toilet-bathroom units attached to them. They are moderately furnished with beds, mattresses and cupboards. Hot water is available for bath.
9. Simple homely vegetarian food cooked in Telangana style will be served for meals. The participants are free to bring their own eatables also if they so wish.
10. It is suggested that the resident participants should bring walking shoes, torchlight, mosquito repellents, soaps, towels and other items of their personal use.
11. Smoking, consumption of alcoholic beverages or narcotic drugs and eating of non-vegetarian food is not permitted during the workshop.
12. The workshop is organized on no-profit no-loss basis. The contribution from the participants is used to cover the cost of lodging, boarding and stationery provided to the participants and other incidental expenses incurred in organising the workshop.
13. The participants are welcome to make donations to Krishnamurti Education Trust to help support its work.
Registration Form (Please fill up one form per person.)
Date of Birth:
(Choice of Workshop) Workshop ID: KET2016-17W09
Participant Category (Just tick your choice):
1. Resident participant
2. Day participant for both the days of the workshop
3. Day participant for Day-1 of the workshop
4. Day participant for Day-2 of the workshop
Mode of Payment:
Please send / e-mail / sms the above form duly completed to:
Krishnamurti Education Trust (KET)
Mobile Number: +91 9881519078, 8149928500
Note: If you have filled up this form for any of the workshops organised by KET in the past, you do not have to fill it up again unless you want to change the information provided earlier.
To post to this group, mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Archive blog, calendar, SMS updates: http://whatsupuoh.blogspot.in/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Whats Up UoH?" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.